Monday, February 8, 2010

Blog 2: Mac vs. PC

The top two competing computers are Macs and PC’s. The commercials and advertisements have allowed each’s customers to identify with a group. “I’m a Mac,’ or “I’m a PC” are popular statements. Each computer platform and operating system works differently and has separate features that the other does not have. I personally have grown up using Windows and didn’t start hearing of people having Macs until I started college. Then when I used a Mac, I was completely lost because of the differences from a PC.

It is important to understand both operating systems, even if you are more comfortable with one more than the other. Either in the public relations field or military, you never know which operating system you will be given or told to use, so knowing both is beneficial to you.

How to use a Mac

I chose this video, because I thought it explained how to use a Mac pretty well. As I said earlier, I have only used Windows on a PC so using a Mac is a completely different place. I thought this was a good explanation of how to use a Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment